Administration director Job Profile and Description
An administrative director of a company is one who is a member of the board of directors and the overall head of the administrative activities of the company. The everyday operations of the company are the responsibility of the administrative director and he is responsible for all the costs involved in administration of the company.
It is the primary duty of the administrative director to ensure that the company functions in a smooth manner and resolves all administrative issues smartly. An administrative director is a functional head in a company on whom the entire operational efficiency of the company rests.
Administration director Duties and Responsibilities
The key duties and responsibilities of an administrative director are:-
- Lead the administrative staff to perform their duties correctly that will push the company towards growth path.
- Maintain liaison and contacts with important persons that will help the company in profitability.
- Proper coordination with other board members to ensure overall objective of the company is met.
- Devise plans and annual administrative budget that will be followed for the entire year.
- Preparation and submission of annual administrative report that provides performance of the administrative department for the entire year.
- Management of a conducive work environment that promotes good work culture.
Administration director Skills and Specifications
The skills essential for an administrative director include:-
- The administrative director should possess a very positive attitude towards work and display enthusiasm.
- He should have excellent leadership skills to lead a large administrative team.
- He should have an eye for detail
- Should have persuasive ability to lead the company towards growth.
- Should be able to lead and motivate a large team.
- Should have organizing and controlling capabilities
Administration director Education and Qualification
The educational requirements for an administrative director are provided as follows:-
- It is an important to have a Bachelors degree in Management, commerce or arts.
- Though it is not essential a Masters degree in Business administration from a reputed university is preferable.
Administration director Salary
The salary of an administrative director varies according to the experience and education background as detailed below:-
- For those with an experience of less than two years the salary can range between $50,000 to $75000 per annum.
- For those with an experience of over three years the salary can be up to $1, 00,000 per annum.
- For those with experience of more than five years the salary can be over $1, 50,000 per annum.
Administration Manager Job Profile and Description:
Administration Manager keeps the operation of the organization smooth and organizes the functions of the information management system. Administration Managers oversees the administrative staff including secretaries, typists, clerks, coders and back office personnel.
He manages the office budget and reviews the office expenditure. The admin manager is responsible for scheduling meetings, for communicating operational data to the management and to answer inter-office inquiries. The administration manager provides support for all the projects, takes administrative decisions and manages the work product and deadlines of the admin staff. Administrative managers are highly important in order to keep other professional positions focused on their primary responsibilities.
Administration Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors and directs staff activities to provide timely services to other work units and ensure efficient daily operation of the work unit.
- Participates in meetings and conferences to obtain information regarding assigned work unit issues and programs.
- Trains and evaluates staff by conducting semi-annual or annual employee evaluations as they grow within the organization.
- Supervises the work units and monitors their activities including interviewing employees, providing training, scheduling and assigning work, establishing performance measures, evaluating work performance and providing feedback and guidance.
- Initiates efforts to make office more cost effective and review processes for cost saving.
- Prepares the necessary and required documentation including monthly, quarterly and annual reports and maintain all administrative paper files. He also advises the program specialists on their maintenance of the programmatic files.
Administration Manager Skills and Specifications:
The following are the skills and specifications required by an administration manager:
- Must have knowledge in business law regarding contracts and sales agreements in order to prepare agreements between a department and other agencies.
- Must be aware of crisis management techniques required to effectively manage emergency situations.
- Should have good knowledge in business English required to produce analytical and technical reports in the appropriate format.
- Must be aware of the state and federal laws and regulations related to the work unit.
Administration Manager Education and Qualification:
The following are the education and qualifications required by an administration manager:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or liberal arts.
- Experience in supervisory or administrative support.
- OCR Awards, Certifications and Diploma in Administration.
Administration Manager Salary:
Reports according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics predict that the employment opportunities for administrative managers will increase 7 to 13 percent in the coming years. Administrative managers are expected to earn an average salary of round $60,500 per annum.