Business Analyst Job Profile and Descriptions
The position of a Business Analyst is a highly specialized position with a plethora of challenges and responsibilities. Business analyst’s main responsibility is to ensure the operational efficacy and excellence of an organization. The business analyst designs and documents work flow, manages and provides solutions to new business unit ideas, trends, and concepts appropriately through the latest technological paths. The business analyst understands the customer’s business requirements and business process management, and then translates them to particular software requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collecting and analyzing the project’s business requirements and transferring the same knowledge to development team.
- Evaluating the data collected through task analysis, business process, surveys and workshops.
- Providing suggestions to the development team during the development stage of product to meet the client’s business needs.
- Preparing accurate and detailed requirement specifications documents, user interface guides, and functional specification documents.
- Communicating effectively with external clients and internal teams to deliver product’s functional requirements like screen, interface, and GUI designs.
- Documenting the acquired results of analysis and workflows as well as obtaining sign-off from the appropriate client.
- Designing and executing the test scripts and test scenarios.
- Coordinating with the groups of business unit who test, validate, evaluate new applications and functions, and determine issues in services and software.
- Managing any change requests related to the working project plans daily to meet the agreed deadlines.
Skills and Specifications
- Advanced skills in Ms Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Solid mathematical aptitude and effective project management skills.
- Ability to analyze and document complex business processes.
- Ability to make effective decisions under pressure.
- Ability to think analytically and should be a problem solver.
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or any related field from an accredited institution.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration is an added advantage.
Systems Analyst Job Description
Software Business Analyst Job Description
Requirement Analyst Job Description
Marketing Data Analyst Job Description
HR Analyst Job Description
Criminal Analyst Job Description
CFA Job Description
Staff Analyst Job Description
Financial Systems Analyst Job Description
Public Affairs Analyst Job Description
Database Analyst Job Descriptions
Sales Analyst Job Descriptions