Business Administration Job Profile and Description
A business administration professional is required to handle various activities to run the business smoothly. He needs to manage various tasks as well as oversee the work done by his staff members. It takes several years of experience in order to get into this position. A business administrator is not only required to deal with the company’s employees but also with the clients.
He needs to crack business deals and see to it that the commitments done to the clients are fulfilled well in time. A business administration professional may also be involved in recruiting staff. It is essential to possess good communication skills in order to handle this position well.
Business Administration Duties and Responsibilities
A business administration professional is required to perform a number of duties. Some of these are mentioned below:
- Schedule appointments with the clients and meet them to discuss about the business deals.
- Deal with the clients, understand their needs and work on them accordingly.
- Check applications that may have been received from different clients and shortlist them to work on them further.
- Monitor the work of the administrative staff and supervise them on various tasks.
- Oversee the documents and check if they have been maintained properly.
- Work has per the budget set by the client
- Work towards reducing the company’s cost and increasing the profit rate.
- Deal with the vendors in order to get various tasks done.
- Clear the vendor accounts
- Sort out any payment related issues with the clients as well as vendors
- Recruit new office staff and also train them on different aspects
- Prepare business reports and share them with the senior officials
- Approve payment cheques
- Work as per the guidelines set by the company
Business Administration Skills and Specifications
There are certain skills that a business administration professional is required to have. These are as follows:
- Motivational skills: A business administration professional must have the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to Inspire: A business administration professional should be able to inspire others to work efficiently.
- Goal Oriented: A business administration professional must be focussed towards fulfilling his dreams.
- Good Communication skills: A business administration professional must possess good communication skills.
- Team Building: A business administration professional must have good team building skills.
Business Administration Education and Qualification
The educational qualification required to get into this position are:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration.
- Master’s degree in business administration acts as an added advantage.
Business Administration Salary
The average salary of a business administration professional is around $ 73,000. The salary may also vary depending upon the experience and the job profile of the candidate.