Brand Management Consultant Job Profile and Description
Brand management consultants have been around ever since the first companies began manufacturing products or selling goods and services. A brand attached to a company is the most distinctive way for identifying products or services and sets a company apart from its competitors.
As long as advertising and marketing of products and services have been there, brand management consultants have been an automatic inclusion in the process.
The consultant strives for pushing a brand higher and beyond its peers and also enhances the public perception of the brand.
Brand Management Consultant Duties and Responsibilities
Major duties and responsibilities that a brand management consultant has to discharge involve the following:
- Researching the consumer market, monitoring market trends and also identifying the potential areas of investment, based in spending habits and consumer needs.
- Looking at pricing of the products and also analyzing potential profitability.
- Devising names for both existing and new products and services, introducing new ideas for package designs, including, color, shapes, size, fonts and imagery.
- Monitoring the production of television, newspaper and magazine advertisements, email campaigns, direct mail packs, exhibition stands, websites, and road shows.
- Liaising with graphic designers, copywriters, printers and media buyers and checking the marketing copy.
- Supervising the launching of marketing campaigns, liaising with compliance and legal personnel and ensuring that designs and messages adhere to the company’s brand and regulations.
- Monitoring the distribution of products and gauging consumer reaction through market research and focus groups.
- Coordinating the launch programs for external customers as also the employees.
Brand Management Consultant Skills and Specification
The most common skills and specifications that a brand management consultant is expected to have are as follows:
- Instinctive feel about the future product concepts.
- Good analytical skills
- Good listener and the ability to respond to outcomes of market research
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with a vast range of professionals.
- Team builder with a capacity to inspire others.
Brand Management Consultant Education and Qualification
The common education and qualifications that a brand management consultant is required to have:
- Graduate degree from a recognized university or college.
- At least 15 years of experience managing a leading brand.
Brand Management Consultant Salary
Brand management consultants can expect a salary of about $95,600 per year. Senior consultants, however, prefer working as independent professionals. Their fees vary as per the project.