Botanist Job Profile and Description
If you go round the globe, then you will find thousands of botanical gardens. In these botanical gardens they have kept millions of plant species by providing them their required environment. Apart from the botanical garden there are various other institutes are there, which are working on plant species. Where there are plants a botanist is required there, without the help of a botanist nothing special can be done with the plants.
Botanist Duties and Responsibilities
- The duty of a botanist varies according to the location or institute where he or she is appointed.
- If he or she is placed in a botanical garden then he or she has to take care of the different plant species; on the other hand if he or she is placed in a botanical research institutes, then he or she has to create some new species of plants or something like that.
Botanist Skills and Specifications
- A botanist should possess great knowledge in the botany.
- He or she should have a through knowledge about modern technologies utilized in today’s botanical firm or botanical research institutes.
- He or she should be a team man as most of the time; he or she has to work as a team.
Botanist Education and Qualification
- A bachelor’s degree in botany is the minimum requirement to work as a botanist.
- If any one has completed masters in botany then he or she is the most appropriate candidate for the botanist job.
Botanist Job Salary
- The salary of a botanist varies from person to person and organization to organization.
- It mostly depends upon the skills and prior experience of the person.
- The salary of a person working as a botanist generally varies in the range of $2000-$5000 per month.