Bank Manager Career Description
A bank manager takes care of the operations of the bank. They oversee the daily transactions of the bank, comply with the regulatory credit requirements and cash reserves, take actions to prevent theft and ensure security, and improve the bank’s relationships with customers to enhance their creditability. The main aim of a bank manager is to improve the profits of the bank, keeping the operations transparent and compliant, and improving the competitiveness of the bank. A bank manager is an important role in a bank and he represents the top management of the bank by managing one or other department of the bank. Some of the loan credit analysis and loan decisions are taken with the bank manager’s judgement about the reliability of the customers.
Bank Manager Job Career Description
- A bank manager should take up any of the prominent roles in a bank and implement it effectively.
- Maintaining the fortnightly credit requirements and depositing or borrowing decisions from the central bank are carried out by the bank manager.
- The job of the bank manager also includes performing credit analysis of the customers and giving a go ahead to provide credit to customers on a person to person basis.
- A bank manager should take strict actions against those who are caught doing malpractice in the bank to ensure that the brand image of the bank is not affected.
- Appropriate risk management decisions must be carried out by the bank manager and communicated to the upper and lower management to keep non-performing assets (NPAs) at a minimum.
Bank Manager Career Salary
Candidates who are trained to become bank managers can find employment opportunities in sectors like banking, financial services, credit union firms, lending financial services, investment banking companies, etc. To become a bank manager, candidates who have at least 5-9 years of experience will be preferred. The salary range of a bank manager is between $33,000 and $84,000 per year according to Pay Scale.