Accounting Manager Job Profile And Description
An accounting manager is a professional who is responsible for managing entire accounting related tasks and professionals in the organization. These professionals are responsible for managing all the aspects related with financial reporting and transactions. Accounting managers are required to develop and maintain accounting principles in the organization, and define procedures to be followed by accounting professionals in order to maintain accuracy and timely completion of accounting work.
These professionals supervise the accounting department employees and support them in completing their job responsibilities. These professionals are also required to manage the financial position of the organization and designing strategies to enhance the financial productivity.
Accounting Manager Duties And Responsibilities
The job responsibilities of an accounting manager include:
- Obtaining, maintaining and managing the complete financial reporting and recordings from all the accounting departments in the organization.
- Ensuring the timely completion of all sorts of monthly, quarterly and yearly accounting records, reports and data bases.
- Ensuring that all the banking compliance tasks are completed within scheduled deadlines.
- Supporting the budget and forecasting activities in the organization.
- Developing accounting principles, procedures and work ethics in the organization to be followed by all the accounting professionals.
- Supporting the audit process and ensuring it gets completed properly.
- Managing the accounting professionals to ensure that all the work is completed accurately and within stipulated deadlines.
- Hiring, recruiting and training the new accounting professionals.
- Responsible for orientation and induction of newly hired candidates in the accounting departments.
- Ensuring timely completion of bookkeeping and tax related tasks.
- Designing and developing new procedures and processes for enhancing the workflow of the organization.
Accounting Manager Skills And Specifications
An accounting manager must possess following skills and specifications:
- Must possess excellent management and supervising skills.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a proactive professional with a flair for improving the regular workflow.
- Must be good in organizing, prioritizing, and should possess problem solving approach.
- Should be a good leader and motivator.
Accounting Manager Education And Qualification
These professionals must possess following academic qualifications:
- Bachelors or master’s degree in accounting, finance, management with finance as the major subject or in any other related streams.
- Accounting credentials by passing the relevant accounting related certification exams.
- Knowledge of computers and accounting software
Accounting Manager Salary
Accounting managers work on high level designations and are responsible for managing entire accounting functions in the organizations. Hence these professionals draw handsome salaries ranging from $45,000 – $75,000.