Sales Technician Job Profile and Description
A sales technician most works with the sales team to develop strategies to gain new customers and provide technical assistances. A sales technician helps the sales team under the customer’s need, do research and present specialized solutions to fulfill those needs. They help in drafting and setting up demos and they also respond to all technical queries posed by the customers.
Sales Technician Duties and Responsibilities
Some of the duties and responsibilities of a sales technician is as follows:
- Conducting customer need analysis and presenting the customer with possible solutions
- Understanding a product’s functionality and possible problems and figuring out a way to handle them
- Determining the best products to meet the requirements of a customer
- Assisting the sales department
- Providing technical expertise on products and/or service
- Taking part in exhibitions, conventions and other events to help in the sales of products and/or service
- Train colleagues and sales personnel on basic technical aspects of a product and/or service
- Have in-depth technical knowledge about the products, their working and their pros and cons
- Sending technical specification to potential buyers along with the sales quotes
- Revising and improving technical manuals
Sales Technician Skills and Specifications
Some of the skills and specifications required to be sales technician include the following:
- Have thorough knowledge about the different products and their working
- Be able to multi-task
- Be good in written and spoken communication
- Be able to translate technical jargon so that laypeople can understand it
- Be well organized
- Have business acumen
- Be able to work under pressure
- Be good in promotion and sales
- Have leadership qualities
- Be good at handling technical resources
- Have good presentation skills
- Be able to make efficient demos within a specific period of time
- Be able to focus and pay attention to detail
- Be customer-oriented
- Be friendly and approachable
Sales Technician Education and Qualifications
A sales technician will benefit from the following education and qualifications:
- A 4-year degree in business, computer science, math, science or engineering
- A degree in business-related field, marketing and sales will be added bonus
- Attend training and workshop to stay current on the technical developments happening in the field that the company is into
Sales Technician Salary
On an average, a sales technician earns about $78,000 annually. However, the figure can rise depending on the industry, company and experience.
Student Development Officer Job Profile and Description
A student development officer is an individual who is responsible for overseeing and administering programs that help in overall development of a student. There are certain programs in a university or an educational institute that help the student in the development process and also to set up various societies. It is the student development officer who coordinates with the students and helps them to set up these student societies. They also help in establishing various student development programs. Sometimes a student development officer has to conduct training for students as well as for student officers and representatives. They are also responsible for the democratic process of a student union in the institute. Sometimes a student development officer may have to perform the role of a publisher for the publications of student union.
Student Development Officer Duties and Responsibilities
A student development officer has to perform numerous job functions in that position. These job functions are as follows:
- Help in maintaining relationship between the alumni of the institute and the institute
- Establishing programs that help in all round development of the students
- Coordinating with the students in order to set up student societies
- Conducting training for students as well as for student officers and representatives
- Strengthening relationship between the educational institute and its supporters
- Supporting student development opportunities advancements
- Acting as publisher for the publications of the student union
- Providing information to a student who wishes to establish a student society
- Ensuring that the student union gets a democratic process
- Supporting the media organizations of a student union
- Preparing budgets for the student development programs
Student Development Officer Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications required for an individual in order to work as a student development officer are as follows:
- Needs to have excellent management skills
- Must have excellent leadership quality
- Possessing a coordination skills is a must
- It is necessary to have excellent written as well as verbal communication skills
- Must have knowledge in the administration of an educational institute
Student Development Officer Education and Qualification
In order to work as a student development officer an individual must have:
- High school diploma
- Bachelors degree in education
Student Development Officer Salary
A student development officer is paid on an hourly basis. One an average they are paid 9$ per hour.
Research Student Job Profile and Description
A research student is responsible for analyzing, evaluating and executing a research project. The position offers them an opportunity to acquire experience and knowledge in the field of research. Their job includes organizing surveys, collecting and managing data, integration and analysis of data and converting them to useful information. Research student job opportunities are mostly available in various academic institutions and are usually very popular among the students as they not only get hands- on experience in the research field but also it gives them a earning opportunity while they are studying.
Research Student Duties and Responsibilities
There are certain duties and responsibilities required to be carried out by a research student:
- Planning and carrying out surveys in order to gather information.
- Collecting and entering data in an organized manner.
- Analyzing and evaluating data and deriving information out of it.
- Maintaining records and data.
- Handle and protect confidential data and information with utmost care and integrity.
- Prepare charts, diagrams and tables to assimilate statistical data.
- Prepare documents, web pages, graphic presentations, etc in order to store information.
Research Student Skills and specifications
The various skills and specifications required to be possessed by a research student are as follows:
- Must have good written and oral communication skills
- Needs to be self-motivated.
- High personal self-management and organizational skills.
- Should have good time management skills.
- Should be flexible.
- Should be a good team player.
- Should aim towards professional development.
- Should have good analytical skills.
- Should be good in statistics.
- Should be able to use computer and internet comfortably.
- Should be very responsible.
- Capacity to adapt to new software, research methods and work schedules quickly.
- Should be a resourceful and active person.
Research Student Education and Qualification
The educational qualification required in order to work as a research student are as follows:
- Any student pursuing an undergraduate degree, graduate or postgraduate degree is eligible for the student research assistant position.
- The candidate must have basic knowledge in software such as Microsoft Word, Access and Excel, SPSS, and other software packages related to the field of research.
Research Student Salary
Research students are generally paid on an hourly basis. Undergraduate research students receive about $10 per hour, while graduate and undergraduate student researchers get about $15 per hour.
Student Financial Aid Job Profile and Description
A student financial aid is an individual who is responsible for giving information to students seeking admission or facing financial problems regarding requirements and procedures of getting financial aid. There may be deserving students who are unable to afford higher education and want to seek admission in a prestigious educational institute. They approach the student financial aid in that particular institute to suggest them ways to get financial support for the course they want to pursue. A student financial aid also has to administer the various types of scholarships and grants available to students in order to pursue a course in the educational institution. A student financial is usually found working in a college, school, university or a prestigious educational institute.
Student Financial Aid Duties and Responsibilities
There are number of duties and responsibilities required to be carried out by a student financial aid. These are as follows:
- Providing information to students regarding requirements and procedures of procuring a financial aid
- Accepting application forms for financial aid. Then they have to review the forms in order to check for accuracy and completeness of filling up the form
- Reviewing past academic performance of students, student test scores, transcripts and folders
- Ensuring that confidentially of all information is maintained
- Interpreting, applying and complying for all federal, state and regulations that govern the financial aid procedure of a student
- Participating in all the financial aid meetings and events
- Coordinating with the admission team of the institute and also the registrar
- Administering scholarships, fellowships, grants and student loans
- Maintaining with companies providing student financial aid
- Ensuring that students are not charged tuition fees after financial aid is approved
Student Financial Aid Skills and Specifications
The various skills and specifications required for an individual planning to work as astudent financial aid are as follows:
- Must possess excellent knowledge about various procedures of procuring financial aid
- Must be understanding in nature
- Needs to have good analyzing skills
- Necessary to have excellent communication skill
- Must have the ability to prioritize information
- Should have active listening skills
Student Financial Aid Education and Qualification
The educational qualification required for a student financial aid is:
- Bachelors degree in a related field
Student Financial Aid Salary
The average annual salary of a student financial aid is around $75000.
Student Counselor Job Profile and Description
A student counselor is an individual responsible for counseling students in order to help them to overcome their emotional problems, social conflicts, give academic guidance and make them feel confident. It is the duty of the student counselor to ensure that the thoughts disturbing the students do not affect their academic performance. They listen to the problems of the students and try to give solutions to get rid of those problems. They help students to achieve their goals by giving them solutions and recommending ways to do so. They suggest processes that will help the students to meet their needs. A student counselor also helps the institute by ensuring that there is increase in student retention. They also try to assess the education system of the institute and try to make it more student friendly. Student counselors work in a school, college, university, special education schools and various other educational institutes.
Student Counselor Job Duties and Responsibilities
There are certain duties and responsibilities required to be carried out by a student counselor. They are as follows:
- Counseling students of the institute one on one
- Discussing the emotional problems of the student and giving solutions to overcome it
- Discussing issues like social conflicts faced by the students or reasons for their poor academic performance
- Conducting psychological tests of the students in order to assess their strengths as well as interests
- Identifying the weaknesses of the student and suggesting ways to overcome it
- Giving advice to the student in order to achieve his goal
- Working with students in groups and giving directions during a presentation
- Coordinating with teachers and parents to inform them about the issues of the students
Student Counselor Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications required in order to work as a student counselor are as follows:
- Must be caring in nature
- Ability to understand human psychology
- Needs to be an active listener
- Must have the ability to give feedback
- Necessary to possess excellent communication skills
- Must be open to feedback
Student Counselor Education and Qualification
The educational qualifications required in order to become a student counselor are as follows:
- Bachelors degree in psychology
- Masters degree in psychology
- Bachelors degree in education
- Master of art in counseling
Student Counselor Salary
The average annual salary of a student counselor is around $49000